FUNDING ANNOUNCED FOR RIVERSTONE ELECTORATE 2019 COMMUNITY BUILDING PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
Written on the 24 March 2020 by Kevin Conolly
Member for Riverstone Kevin Conolly is delighted to announce today that community organisations in the Riverstone electorate have secured $300,000 in funding for a total of 11 projects from the NSW Liberal Government's 2019 Community Building Partnership Program.
The State Government funds will deliver much-needed improvements to local facilities that would otherwise not be likely to be afforded.
"The NSW Government's strong economic management ensures we are in a position to invest in these important local projects," Mr Conolly said.
The full list of successful projects in the Riverstone electorate for 2019 are:
1. Quakers Hill Pirates Junior Baseball Club - $42,000 for Refurbishment of Canteen and bathroom amenities.
2. Richard Johnson Anglican School - Marsden Park Campus - $52,064 for an outdoor AV lighting system.
3. Riverstone Little athletics - $11,500 for timing gates.
4. Quakers Hill East Public School - $47,400 for outdoor playground equipment.
5. Schofields Public School - $40,000 for nature play space and discovery trail.
6. Schofields Baseball Club (Scorpions) - $33,300 for junior dugouts at Peel Reserve.
7. Anglican Church Quakers Hill - $14,200 for Installation of artificial grass around gazebo and playground area.
8. Mary Immaculate Primary School - $20,920 for a pram and disability access ramp from the car park to the school and church grounds.
9. CSI Sport and Recreation Club - $12,038 for food preparation area and counter.
10. St Pauls Anglican Church Riverstone - $23,578 for outdoor community space.
11. Schofields Cricket Club - $3,000 for a portable cricket pitch.
"I congratulate all the organisations that were successful in their application and look forward to seeing how these projects make a real difference for community groups in the area," Mr Conolly said.
Applications for the 2020 Program open in May.
For more information about the NSW Government's 2019 Community Building Partnership Program, visit www.nsw.gov.au/cbp
Author: Kevin Conolly
As your voice in the NSW Parliament, I will fight tirelessly for the local and state issues that affect you.
Through this website, I will keep you up to date with the latest news.
I am committed to working tirelessly to deliver the infrastructure and services needed in our local area.
You can also use this website to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or views that you might like to raise with me.