FUNDING BOOST FOR 8 LOCAL SPORTS CLUBS
Written on the 11 April 2018 by Kevin Conolly
Member for Riverstone, Kevin Conolly MP has today announced $47,736 in NSW Government funding to be shared among eight sports clubs in the Riverstone electorate as part of the 2017/18 Local Sport Grant Program.
"Sport is a huge part of our way of life and the NSW Government recognises how important it is to our communities, for both social and health reasons," said Mr Conolly.
Funding has been provided to:
1. The Ponds Cricket Club for uniforms and cricket nets matting ($16,750).
2. Quakers Hill Little Athletics Centre for electronic starting equipment ($3,821).
3. Super Sikhs Sports Association for hosting the Super Sikhs Cup 2018 and uniforms and sports equipment ($10,000).
4. Kellyville Ridge Cricket Club for a self-powered portable bowling machine ($5,000).
5. Riverstone Little Athletics for athletics equipment ($3,700).
6. Quakers Hill Pirates Baseball Club for training and game equipment ($3,465).
7. Schofields Cricket Club for game and training shirts ($2,500).
8. Quakers Hill Softball Club for training and game participation equipment ($2,500).
"The main aim of this program is to increase regular and on-going participation opportunities in sport and active recreation in our community. Sport is a huge part of our way of life and the NSW Government recognises that," Mr Conolly said.
"I am pleased the Local Sport Grants Program is conducted to help clubs make healthy sporting opportunities available to local people. I urge club officials to look out for next year's program or contact my office to register interest so that we can advise when next year's program is open," said Mr Conolly.
Author: Kevin Conolly
As your voice in the NSW Parliament, I will fight tirelessly for the local and state issues that affect you.
Through this website, I will keep you up to date with the latest news.
I am committed to working tirelessly to deliver the infrastructure and services needed in our local area.
You can also use this website to contact me if you have any questions, concerns or views that you might like to raise with me.