Seniors at risk of social isolation during the COVID-19 pandemic will be the focus of $600,000 in funding from the NSW Liberal Government to keep our older community connected.

Member for Riverstone, Kevin Conolly announced today that organisations can now apply for one-off grants to deliver programs that will help socially isolated seniors stay connected during COVID-19.

Suitability of the previously launched Seniors Staying Social program has been reassessed and we are now seeking projects that will explicitly address social isolation in light of COVID-19, through both online and not-online forms.

Applications are open today and will close on April 26.

“With so many seniors now missing their regular social activities, we want to encourage programs which foster inclusion and encourage positive social outcomes,” said Mr Conolly.

Acting Minister for Seniors Geoff Lee said “While more seniors are staying at home to protect their health, we do not want to create an epidemic of loneliness in our community.”

“Our most vulnerable age groups are being advised to follow social distancing rules, so face to face catch-ups and normal daily routines have become difficult.”

Social inclusion is a key priority of the NSW Ageing Strategy and is part of the NSW Government’s key commitment to meet the needs of our ageing population.

For more information: www.dcj.nsw.gov.au/combatting-social-isolation-for-seniors

Seniors are urged to get the latest COVID-19 information at: www.health.nsw.gov.au

Contact Kevin

Stay In Touch

My regular newsletter covers local issues, opportunities, and key events – and my vision to make NSW an even better place to live, work and raise a family

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.